A Gourmet dish that not even the most seasoned chefs can’t tell was cooked in a slow cooker!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Seasoned fine Dry Bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped green olives
- ¼ cup black olives
- ¼ cup Italian Parsley
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 6 Oz Feta cheese, cubed
- 1 Bottle Greek tomato sauce
- Preheat the Oven to 350°F. In a bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and add breadcrumbs, green and black olives, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Add ground beef and lamb to the mix and whisk.
- Shape the meat mixture like balls around the cubes of Feta cheese, enclosing the cheese completely. Arrange the meatballs in a baking pan. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Drain well.
- Place the meatballs in the slow cooker. Pour the Greek Tomato Sauce over the meatballs and cover it all.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on low.
Note that this is not a usual simple, throw in a pot, recipe. However, this recipe is perfect to impress people with your cooking skills, without really knowing a lot about cooking.