A meatier, non-vegetarian spin on the classic Queso dip that is perfect for Potlucks and parties.
- 1 pound of processed cheese food, cubed
- 14 ounce tomatoes with green chili peppers, diced
- 2 large cooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts, shredded
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup diced onions
- 1 ½ tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup black beans
- Jalapeno peppers as per taste
- Place the diced tomatoes, processed cheese, chicken meat, sour cream, green onion, taco seasoning, and jalapeno peppers in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Add the black beans and reheat for 15 minutes.
Expert Tip: If the dip is too thick, do not add water to thin it. Instead add small amounts of milk and mix well.
Miser Chef Tip: Leftover Turkey from the Thanksgiving dinner? Switch out the chicken for the turkey and enjoy the matches with the dip and chips!
Miser Chef Tip: If you want to cut down the costs, do not buy pre-cooked frozen chicken. Instead, buy frozen chicken and cook in a skillet for about 20 minutes and then proceed as before.
Health Tip: If you are not a big fan of processed food, try fresh cheese instead of the processed cheese food.